A Glimpse At Who We Are
Trinity United Church of Christ traces its roots to the early German immigrants seeking religious freedom who settled near the Monocacy River in the early 1700″s. As members of the German Reformed Church, a congregation was formally established in 1770.
Trinity Reformed Church was dedicated on June 13, 1880; Rev Henry Wissler was the first pastor with 52 founding members. On October 26, 1901 the cornerstone was laid for an expansion of the building which added a new sanctuary and Sunday school classrooms. Electricity was brought into the church in 1911 and a Mohler organ was installed in 1913.
In 1957, the United Church of Christ was formed and Trinity became a part of this union. To this day Trinity United Church of Christ embraces the scripture that continues to bind us together—“That they may all be one.” John 17:21